Don’t bother with most sales. I’ll show you the most excellent way.
- Make a running wish list. It’s fun and keeps you accountable. Don’t buy right away unless it’s on the list.
- Research the best product in your category. Don’t cheap out here. We’ll wait for a sale, so pick a good one. Use reputable sites like Wirecutter and its associated home section, the Sweethome.
- Wait for a good time to buy. Use this Lifehacker guide on product seasonality. Sometimes this falls on Black Friday, sometimes it doesn’t.
- Research deal percentages on your product. Check sites like the Red Flag Deals Hot Deals forum for feedback.
- Look around online with tools like ShopBot.
- Check the competitors’ policies. There are price-matching policies to take advantage of.
- Online shopping versus buying local. Don’t showroom. If you checked it out in store, do them the courtesy of giving them your money.
- That being said, get Amazon Prime. Annual membership for $80. Free two-day shipping, and one-day for $4. Pays off with only a few orders. Game changer.
Have fun Black Friday shopping. Stay safe.